We follow BABICM competencies for brain injury case management to provide a bespoke, quality and cost effective service.
- Assessment and reassessment of need for care, therapy and support or information.
- Planning effective programs of support and therapy in conjunction with the client’s short and long term goals.
- Coordination of services provided through statutory, charitable or private sectors
- Signposting, supporting the client and their family to access information and support services.
- Communication to ensure the client understands and is informed of the process involved in their total care, from a medical and legal perspective
- Acting as an advocate for the client.
Alongside therapists and support workers we support young people in their education or their transition into employment. For adults we can facilitate their reintegration into employment.
Reports to support benefits appeals. LDCM provides supporting reports based on detailed assessment of the client and their circumstances to assist the court with benefits appeals and tribunals.
Initial Needs Assessments (INA) undertaken either as part of a Case Management instruction or as a stand- alone one-off service to the client and their legal team.
Dedicated in-house HR to assist the client in effectively managing their support team.
This specialist service includes: Recruitment, employment, supervision of support workers, training and payroll.